Families USA is a national nonprofit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the achievement of high-quality, affordable health care for all Americans. Working at the national, state, and community levels, we have earned a national reputation as an effective voice for health care consumers for 30 years. We:
- Manage a grassroots advocates' network of organizations and individuals working for the consumer perspective in national and state health policy debates. Membership in the Health Action Network is free. Click here to subscribe to our Health Action Network. The network distributes timely information and mobilizes people for action when appropriate.
- Act as a watchdog over government actions affecting health care, alerting consumers to changes and helping them have a say in the development of policy.
- Produce highly respected health policy reports describing the problems facing health care consumers and outlining steps to solve them. (See our Publications List).
- Conduct public information campaigns about the concerns of health care consumers using sophisticated media techniques that reach many millions of Americans through television, radio, newspaper, and other print outlets.
- Serve as a consumer clearinghouse for information about the health care system. Subscribe to our Health Action Network and get timely information about health policy issues via e-mail.
- Work in concert with a wide range of organizations—from business to consumer to health provider organizations—toward the achievement of health care that is high-quality and affordable for all Americans.
- Provide training and technical assistance to, and work collaboratively with, state and community-based organizations as they address critical health care problems in their communities and state capitals.
The Wellstone Fellowship
The Villers Fellowship
Families USA Board of Directors:
Sister Simone Campbell
Robert Crittenden, M.D.
James Kimmey, M.D.
St. Louis University School of Public Health
Council for a Strong America
L. Toni Lewis, M.D.
Harvard School of Public Health
National Immigration Forum
Leticia Van de Putte
President and Co-Founder of Families USA Foundation
Executive Director and
Families USA Staff
1201 New York Ave
Washington, DC 20005
Fax: 202 347-2417
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?