Health Action 2014: Making the Promise Real
Families USA Invites You to Health Action 2014: Making the Promise Real
Please join us Thursday, January 23 through Saturday, January 25, 2014, at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, for Health Action 2014.
We’ll hear from experts about the political context that informs our work, identify unanticipated challenges, and—most importantly—turn our focus toward making the promise of the Affordable Care Act real for consumers across the nation. So bring your knowledge, experiences, and questions!
At Health Action 2014, you will:
- Get critical updates and insights from state and national leaders, including representatives of the Administration
- Discuss what’s at stake with Medicaid, including Medicaid expansion campaigns, the challenges of state Medicaid budgets, and Medicaid waivers and innovations
- Learn more about emerging advocacy strategies for improving the health system through delivery and payment reform
- Share field strategies, tactics, and best practices, and strengthen your advocacy skills
- Network with state and local advocates from across the country
Who should attend?
- State-based health care advocates
- Advocacy professionals from national organizations
- Health care and policy professionals
January 1 is just around the corner. In a few short months, the promise of the Affordable Care Act becomes real: Millions of Americans will gain access to comprehensive, affordable health insurance—many for the first time. Families across the country will be helped by new consumer protections, and by tax credits that will help them pay for marketplace plans.
But we all know that there is lots of work left to do. We need to change how health care is delivered and paid for so that we can improve health care quality, reduce disparities in care, and address rising costs. Come to Health Action 2014 to learn, share your experiences, and prepare for the important work ahead.
2014 will be an exceptional year! It will bring tremendous opportunities—as well as tremendous challenges. Families USA staff members are working hard to design conference workshops that will equip you with the knowledge and skills you’ll need to meet those challenges.
Health Action 2014 is organized by Families USA with support from a broad range of advocacy organizations. Please Join Us! Register NOW!