How to Apply
Click here for a downloadable application form in MS-Word. The following materials must be included in your application for the fellowship:
Candidates must submit the following:
- A completed application form
- A personal statement and responses to two short answer questions and
- A resume
Candidates must have both of the following sent by others:
- An official copy of her or his most recent college or graduate school transcript (not required for applicants who have not been enrolled in a degree program after January 2011) sent directly from the school's registrar's office. No annotated transcripts, please.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references and/or references who can attest to the applicant's community involvement, sent directly from the references themselves. Letters can be emailed if they are a PDF version of a signed original letter and sent from the reference’s professional email account.
Send your completed application form, attachments, and essay by mail to Families USA, Villers Fellowship, 1201 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20005 or email them to villersfellowship(at)familiesusa.org.
- Faxed, late, or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All materials, with the exception of letters of recommendation and the official transcript, should be sent together.
- An official copy of your transcript should be sent directly from the college/university. Letters of recommendation should be mailed by the references themselves.
- Please attach application materials with paper clips, not staples.
- Please do not submit any additional material, as it will not be reviewed.
- Application materials will not be returned to the applicant.
For more information about the Villers Fellowship, contact Keith Johnson at 202-628-3030 or at villersfellowship(at)familiesusa.org.
– Deadline: January 20, 2014 –
Return to Fellowship Home l About the Fellowship l Frequently Asked Questions