How to Apply
Click here for a downloadable application form in MS-Word. The following materials must be included in your application for the fellowship:
Candidates must submit the following:
- A completed application form;
- A personal statement and responses to two short answer questions; and
- A resume.
Candidates must have both of the following sent by others:
- An official copy of her or his most recent college or graduate school transcript (not required for applicants who have not been enrolled in a degree program after January 2010) sent directly from the school's registrar's office. No annotated transcripts, please.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references and/or references who can attest to the applicant's community involvement, sent directly from the references themselves. Letters can be emailed if they are a PDF version of a signed original letter and sent from the reference’s professional email account.
Send your completed application form, attachments, and essay by mail to:
Families USA, Villers Fellowship, 1201 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20005 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faxed, late, or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All materials, with the exception of letters of recommendation and the official transcript, should be sent together.
- An official copy of your transcript should be sent directly from the college/university. Letters of recommendation should be mailed by the references themselves.
- Please attach application materials with paper clips, not staples.
- Please do not submit any additional material, as it will not be reviewed.
- Application materials will not be returned to the applicant.
For more information about the Villers Fellowship, contact Melissa Rosenblatt at 202-628-3030 or at email@example.com.
– Deadline: January 25, 2013 –
Return to Fellowship Home l About the Fellowship l Frequently Asked Questions