Tools for Faith Leaders
- Take Action! Subscribe to receive text alerts on Pico’s Health Care Campaign.
- California Council of Churches presents Being the Good Samaritan: Health Care Access for All Californians; a study guide that provides tools for faith communities to educate their congregations on both health care issues and advocacy. (2008)
- A Discussion Guide for using "Unwilling Volunteers: Tennesseans Forced out of Health Care" in the faith community: This guide is intended for use within the faith community to facilitate discussions about the Families USA publication Unwilling Volunteers: Tennesseans Forced out of Health Care. If you would like to receive a full kit for your congregation, which includes a copy of "Unwilling Volunteers," a discussion guide, a DVD of "Collateral Damage" (a documentary showing the real-life effects of the TennCare cuts), and a video discussion guide, please click here and fill out the online order form. Free copies of the DVD are available on a limited basis. (May 2007)
- Two one-page sample bulletins can be used or adapted to distribute in the faith community. The first bulletin focuses on racial and ethnic health disparities; the second focuses on the State Children’ Health Insurance Program. (January 2007)
- Developing Action Strategies For Your Community. Provides faith communities with an activity to develop strategies for addressing health policy issues on the local, state, and national level. (November 2006)
- Working with the Faith Community: Reflections from a National Faith Leader. This tool for advocates identifies several tips and practical strategies for engaging and working with the faith community around health care issues. Drawing from her work with congregations that represent communities of color, Barbara Baylor, Minister for Health and Wellness at the national office for the United Church of Christ, reflects on how to engage the faith community as an effective way to improve health care. (March 2006)
[Return to Faith-Based Resources Home]