As Congress continues to respond to the ongoing health and economic crises stemming from COVID-19, it is critical that lawmakers keep the needs of children and families in the forefront. Families USA urges the 117th Congress to prioritize their needs by taking action on important legislative priorities:
- Ensuring access to comprehensive coverage,
- Addressing health disparities and improving equity,
- Enacting important delivery and payment reforms to improve maternal and child health outcomes,
- Eliminating red tape barriers to coverage by streamlining eligibility and enrollment, and modernizing, and
- Improving Medicaid and CHIP to reflect the latest data and research on what works for children and families.
This document outlines a series of specific policy recommendations that would address the needs of children and families.